We have tried to make our website as usable as possible whilst also following standards and guidelines laid out by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) in their Web Accessibility Initiative. This means that wherever possible, all of our users enjoy the same quality of service.
- Most pages on this site comply with all priority 1 and 2 guidelines of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
- All other pages meet priority 1 guidelines of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
- All pages validate as transitional XHTML 1.0.
- This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout, meaning greater usability for assistive technology.
- The site uses only relative font sizes, compatible with the user-specified "text size" option in visual browsers.
- If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets at all, the content of each page will "degrade gracefully" so that it is still readable.
Links have title attributes that describe the link in greater detail, unless the text of the link already fully describes the target. If you are using a mouse, or other pointing device, these can be viewed by hovering over the link text.
The use of pop-up windows on this site has been kept to a minimum. If a link opens a new browser window then this is explained in the title attribute of the link.
Changing the Text Size Using your Web Browser
You may also use your browser settings to change the text size for all the web sites that you visit. The technique for doing this is slightly different depending on the browser that you use:
Select the 'View' menu (at the top of the screen), and select one of the options under 'Text Size'. The default setting is Medium.
Select the 'View' menu, then select Increase, Decrease or Normal.
Select the 'View' menu, then one of the 'Zoom' percentage options.
Select the 'View' menu, then one of the 'Text Zoom' options.
Changing your browser settings
This site has been designed to be viewed with Internet Explorer 6 and standard settings. However, it is possible to change fonts and colours used throughout the site by changing your browser settings.