Your security and privacy
- What information do we collect about you?
- How will we use the information about you?
- How will we share the information about you?
- Access to your information and correction
- Other websites
- How to contact us
- Financial crime
We collect personal information about you when you request a quotation for any of our products or services. This includes your name, address, gender, date of birth and telephone number.
Should you decide to purchase one of our products we will need to collect additional personal information, such as your bank account details.
Depending on the product and service you apply for, some of the information you may be asked to provide could be classed as sensitive personal data. For example, we may need to ask you about your health. We’ll only ask you for this sensitive information if it is necessary to set up and administer your policy.
We may also request additional information about you from a third party such as credit agencies, customer research companies or customer segmentation and data cleansing agencies.
We will hold and use your personal information:
- To set up and administer your policy
- To manage a claim
- To give you a quotation and answer any questions you may have
- To keep your personal information accurate and up to date
- For business analysis – to review the services we offer you
- For market research – to improve and develop our products and services
- For complaint administration
We will also record your personal information on our policy administration system and marketing database (please see the paragraph below on our use of your data for marketing purposes) and we may keep it on paper files where necessary.
To assist us in the processing of your personal information, we may use other companies who work under contract for us; this may include companies located outside of the European Economic Area.
We may share your personal information with:
- Corporate Partners: these are organisations that introduce you to us. Where you purchase your policy in association with one of them, we will provide this partner with information about your policy. This may include changes to your personal information
- Third party verification services and credit reference agenices to help prevent financial crime
- Other organisations as necessary in order to meet our legal obligations
- Other companies within the wider AXA UK Group
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours and selected third parties, which may be of interest to you.
We may do this by post, phone or email.
If you do not wish us to do this please:
- Call us on 0800 904 7623 ((Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm- Calls are normally free of charge from land lines but charges may apply from mobile phones ).
- Or write to us at - Sun Life Direct, Dept NPE, PO Box 446, Bristol, BS99 1DR.
Otherwise we will assume you are happy to be contacted in this way for the time being.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your information, please write to us at the following address:
Sun Life Direct
PO BOX 446
We may make a small charge for this service.
This website uses small files called "cookies". Cookies are pieces of data, which are used during your browser session. Cookies cannot access files and information stored on your computer. They cannot reveal any information about you that you have not chosen to enter as a visitor to the site. For example‚ we may store your language preference in a cookie‚ so that each time you visit the site‚ your language of choice is displayed.
We use two types of cookies on this website:
- Session cookies which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you close the browser.
- Persistent cookies which remain in the cookie file for 30 days after you have finished using the website and are not available to any other websites
- To ensure your application is saved as you move around the site. This includes some personal information you have entered into the site. Any such information is encrypted to protect you.
- To track your progress through the site so we can make improvements to the service we offer you.
- To remember any preferences which the site may allow you to set.
- We also work with third parties to help us measure the effectiveness of our online advertising. These cookies only allow for accurate tracking of visitor numbers‚ and do not record any type of personal information.
You do not have to accept cookies and you can turn them off or change the way your computer handles them by adjusting your browser settings. See your browser’s "help" function for more information. On this website, if you choose to block cookies, you may experience problems getting quotes, submitting your application online or requesting a pack.
Our website may link to other websites. This Privacy Notice only applies to this website so when you link to other websites you should read their own Privacy Notices.
Please contact us if you have any questions about our Privacy Notice or information we hold about you: Write us at: Sun Life Direct, Dept NPE, PO Box 446, Bristol, BS99 1DR.
(e.g. verifying your identity to prevent Fraud and Money Laundering)
To verify your identity and prevent financial crime we may use and share your information with any company within our group, companies who work for us and with appropriate organisations.
We may also search, send your details to, and use information from third party verification service providers and financial crime and credit reference agencies (Third Parties). This involves checking your details against databases these Third Parties use. We and these Third Parties may keep a record of the search, the results of the search, any suspicions of financial crime and the details may be used to assist other companies for verification and identification purposes. The search is not a credit check and your credit rating should be unaffected.
For more information about financial crime please click here.