Your security and privacy
How we manage your personal and sensitive personal information
- What information do we collect about you?
- How will we use the information about you?
- How will we share the information about you?
- Access to your information and correction
- Other websites
- How to contact us
- Financial crime
We collect personal information about you when you request a quote for any of our products or services. This includes your name, address, gender, date of birth and telephone number. Should you decide to purchase one of our products we will need to collect additional personal information, such as your bank account details. We may also request additional information about you from a third party such as credit agencies, customer research companies or customer segmentation and data cleansing agencies.
Sensitive Personal Information
Depending on the product and service you apply for, some of the information you may be asked to provide could be classed as sensitive personal information. For example, we may need to ask you about your health or medical history. We’ll only ask you for this sensitive personal information if it is necessary to set up and administer your policy.
We will hold and use your personal information:
- To set up and administer your policy
- To manage a claim
- To give you a quotation and answer any questions you may have
- To keep your personal information accurate and up to date
- For business analysis – to review the services we offer you
- For market research – to improve and develop our products and services
- For complaint administration
- To collect debts, trace debtors
- To prevent fraud and money laundering.
We will record your personal information on our policy administration system and marketing database (please see the paragraph below on our use of your data for marketing purposes) and we may keep it on paper files where necessary.
To assist us in the processing of your personal information, we may use other companies in the AXA Group or companies who work under contract for us; this may include companies located outside of the European Economic Area. We will ensure that all of these other companies protect your personal information by applying the same standards of security as we do.
We may share your personal information with:
- We will provide your personal information to the company that introduced you to us when they request it. This may include changes to your personal information e.g. change of address
- Third party verification services and credit reference agenices – to help prevent financial crime
- Other organisations as necessary in order to meet our legal obligations
- Other companies within the wider AXA Wealth Ltd and AXA Wealth Services Ltd.
We will not share any health or medical information about you.
We would like to send you information about products and services or ours, other companies within our Group and selected third parties, which may be of interest to you.
We may do this by post, phone or email.
If you do not wish us to do this (and you have not contacted us already to tell us that you do not wish us to do this) please:
- call us on 0800 904 7652 (Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm- Calls are normally free of charge from land lines but charges may apply from mobile phones)
- Or write to us at - PO Box 446, Department NPE/ Servicing Sun Life Direct, Bristol BS99 1DR.
Otherwise we will assume you are happy to be contacted in this way for the time being.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your information, please write to us at the following address:
The Data Protection Manager
Sun Life Direct
PO BOX 446
We may make a small charge for this service.
Our website may link to other websites. This Privacy Notice only applies to this website so when you link to other websites you should read their own Privacy Notices.
Please contact us if you have any questions about our Privacy Notice or information we hold about you: Write to us at: Department NPE/ Servicing, Sun Life Direct, PO Box 446, Bristol, BS99 1DR.
(e.g. verifying your identity to prevent Fraud and Money Laundering)
To verify your identity and prevent financial crime AXA Wealth Ltd may use and share your information with any company within the AXA Group, with companies who work for us and with appropriate organisations.
We may also search, send your details to, and use information from third party verification service providers and financial crime and credit reference agencies (Third Parties). This involves checking your details against databases these Third Parties use. AXA Group and these Third Parties may keep a record of the search, the results of the search, any suspicions of financial crime and the details may be used to assist other companies for verification and identification purposes. The search is not a credit check and your credit rating should be unaffected.